please keep in mind, i separated everything from my closet, dresser and armoire.
- "unwearable"s, this included anything with holes and stains, it all went straight in a trash bag
- 'key pieces", anything that i knew i would miss if i was left without it, refold or re-hang into a proper place
- "can't let go of"s, this included a variety of items for myself, best to have a second opinion before making any final decisions
- donation pile, i further divided this pile up into donate, hand it down, and possible re-sell items
- i found a laundry basket full of stuff that just simply needed to be sent to the dry cleaners or tailor, make sure to not get any of that mixed up with donations! i know i only send my prized possessions go to the dry cleaner or tailor, and would be devastated if they wound up thrown out.
so like i promised, here are the before pictures... and i warn you, they are tragic.
|i hope this public embarrassment causes me to never leave my room like this again!|
|left to right: "can't let go of"s, hand it down, "unwearable"s ( yes, there is a foam finger in there), tailor/ dry cleaning|
|maybe my bookshelf is a new project?|
not so fairy tale ending, but got me much more satisfied than i had planned to be. here are the after pictures, for the most part.
|want: new hangers|
|need: to make a trip to a cobbler|
|top row: "unwearable"s, tailor/ dry cleaning|
bottom row: hand it down, donation clothes, donation shoes
i placed shoes to donate in a canvas beach bag i had found in my closet. this made it a lot less stressful when it came to worrying about a bag ripping open because of a sharp heel.
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/2233598/choose-want-amp-need?claim=aw4tygfpze5">Follow my blog with bloglovin</a>